Friday, October 11, 2013

FIRST PROFESSIONAL GAME!

Mama, "I Made It!"

Yesterday was my first professional game of my career. That's right, no exhibitions, no tour games, this was the 'Real Deal HolyField'!

I still can't think but how blessed I am to be here, especially given the past week's events. And yeah, I had a chip on my shoulder, and a message to send to all those who doubted me. I'm here suckas!!!

From the start of the game we came out with a lot of energy, taking the lead and never giving way. Our opponents were fired up too, so the game wasn't a walk in the park. The first half was a back and forth battle; one minute we would be up by 8 or 9 and the next they would cut our lead to 2 or 3. Only up by 3 at the half, we made certain to come back out with the same intensity and energy that we started with. In the fourth we went on a run that increased the lead to 19 and we never looked back. The final score was 99-86.

The biggest adjustment to my new team and the coaches game strategy was that most of the plays are run through me, whether it be a pick and roll, give and go, etc. And let's just say ya boy was on point and more than ready to lead the way.

"TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY!" - Dr. Dre

I ended the game with 46 points, 6 assist, and 6 rebounds. A great early b-day present!!

No comments:

Post a Comment