Monday, February 24, 2014

FRUSTRATION!

From the moment we got off of the bus, throughout warm ups, and on into the majority of the first half it appeared that our team wasn't mentally prepared for the game.  Throughout my career I've always been accustomed to mentally preparing for game day by visualizing the things that I need to do to help my team win, listening to music, and really focusing on the game plan prepared by my coaches.

Mental preparation has been very different for my teammates here.  By the end of the first quarter we were already down by 16 points. From there it slowly got worse, with most of our opponents points coming from beyond the arc.  They were 12 of 17 from the 3pt line at the half.


Their hot streak continued from the start of the second half. When a team is already the favorite to win the game, the last thing you want to do is commit turnovers or give up easy baskets.  Our lack of defensive pressure on them increased their confidence, which carried them through the remainder of the game. We made a few runs of our own, but never really got back into striking distance.  With this loss we fell into 8th place, lessening our chance of grabbing one of the playoff spots.  I finished the game with 45 points, 7 ast and 4 rebs, which is frustrating because we continue to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment